Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What I Use For Protection



One of my favorite stones is black onyx.  It is a powerful stone with properties such as protection, healing, and grounding.  It's a lot like salt in that it absorbs and deflects negative energy. It is fantastic for warding off psychic attack, black magic, and negative people.  Even if you don't believe in any of this metaphysical stuff, or you just inherited a nice chunk of onyx, it still helps to know that you're wearing a stone that's got your back.

So now that you know what onyx does, lets talk about how to use it.  This is what I do with mine.  I have a circular pendant that is about 2" in diameter.  It hangs from a 24" silver chain.  I love this piece of jewelry because I can wear it outside of my clothing as a statement piece or tuck it under for days when I need a little protective boost.  You also don't have to put your crystals out on display.  Onyx is good in the pocket as well.  If you want to get real "witchy" with it, charge your crystals under the full moon once a month for extra power.  I do.

Here's a peek into my lifestyle and how I incorporate my onyx piece.  I love live music.  However, live music usually occurs in bars and nightclubs.  These places are notorious for lower level energy.  I am aware of this and so I wear my large circular onyx pendant.  I also do not imbibe in alcohol.  You would be surprised by the amount of lower level energy that surrounds booze, and I don't want that crap all up in my aura.  I want to enjoy my live music without worrying about something following me home, spirit or non-spirit. *wink wink*  Here is a great article called, "How to Raise Your Vibration" and it details how drinking is pretty bad for the aura.

I've also started wearing onyx to work.  There have been budget cuts at the university where I am employed as a library clerk.  Budget cuts make for aaaawesome morale, let me tell you.  Drama.  Drama.  Drama.  I don't need that crap all up in my aura either.  Not to mention that the library is pretty much the hub of campus, so it's busy all the time.  I spend 8 hours a day in the middle of that crap, so some kind of energy protection is necessary.

I find that I am more centered and self assured when I wear my onyx pieces, and if that's what it takes to help me out, I'll carry a few rocks around with me.

Best,
Nik

This article from Crystalpedia helped me write this entry:  Enjoy!
http://mycrystalpedia.me/b/black-onyx/

No comments: