Thursday, November 20, 2014
1. The Movie "Timer". So, ya. I'm a girl. I like a good romantic comedy. This movie is a great one. It doesn't just give ya those silly little butterflies, it makes you think too. Anyway, it's about this little electronic gadget that attaches to your wrist. Once it is activated it starts a timer. In order for the timer to activate, your "soul mate" must also have a timer. I liked it. It was quirky and adorable. The movie is older (2002) and is has some pretty obscure actors, but it was good. You can find this gem on Netflix.
2. Russian Orange Tea. I'll tell you a sacrilegious secret. I'll even whisper this . . . pssst. It's not tea. Well, it's not really tea, anyway (It's tea powder). But what it really is, is DELICIOUS! It's tang! It's spices! It's Russian? I suppose. Try it out! The recipe is HERE.
3. New Belgium Frambozen Beer. I really like Frambious (Fram-brah-zen) to begin with, but New Belgium has done a great job of mixing it into a nice brown ale. It tastes like a rich, raspberry beer--but I didn't think it was too sweet or sour--just perfect. Plus, it has a higher alcohol content at 6.5% which essentially gives you more bang for your buck. I like that! Also, I heard that they are not making it next year, so get ya some now if you want to try it!
4. Banana Bread Oatmeal. I have been really trying to stay away from pre-packaged oatmeal. For one thing, it is cheaper to create my own (although a bit more time consuming) and if I make it myself it doesn't have so much sugar. Aaaanyway, I have been too busy to make my own lately, so I thought I would try these. I bought the variety pack. They are all good, but my favorite is the Banana Bread, It really tastes like banana bread! Plus, it's not too sweet.
5. Baked potatoes. Comfort food! I've been cooking them in the microwave (poke holes in it, put a little olive oil on it, and stick it in for 5 minutes) and then I load them up with delicious stuff like sour cream (only I use tofitti--which is actually really good), real bacon bits, and sharp cheddar cheese. I even switch it up and heat up some good, chunky broccoli cheese soup and pour a little over it. It's easy and quick and ooooh yum!
Until Next Week!
Thursday, November 13, 2014
|It looks weird, but it is awesome. Kinda like pugs.|
|I love marshmallows in my hot chocolate.|
3. Earthy Body Hemp Seed Nag Champa Lotion. If I had a favorite of my five things to like this week, this would be it. I LOVE THIS STUFF. It smells like an earth mother incense explosion. It is fantastic and, trust me, when you wear it, you will get compliments and because it is nag champa, you will feel pretty chill too. It's made with hemp oil, is non-greasy, and smells great. I'm in love with this lotion.
|It's always fun to get something other than bills in the mail, right?|
|Yes. I'm laughing at my own joke right now.|
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
|Get your Birchbox on!|
|"I'll take you there!" No really. Click on the image . . .|
|What if there was never a women's suffrage movement? |
SNL would be boring as hell.
|"Carry on, humans. Just doing a little owl family shopping."|
|It's not fast food. It's fast food. Get it? Huh. Huh.|