Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

5 Things To Like This Week



1.  The Movie "Timer".  So, ya.  I'm a girl.  I like a good romantic comedy.  This movie is a great one.  It doesn't just give ya those silly little butterflies, it makes you think too.  Anyway, it's about this little electronic gadget that attaches to your wrist.  Once it is activated it starts a timer.  In order for the timer to activate, your "soul mate" must also have a timer.  I liked it.  It was quirky and adorable.  The movie is older (2002) and is has some pretty obscure actors, but it was good.  You can find this gem on Netflix.


2.  Russian Orange Tea.  I'll tell you a sacrilegious secret.  I'll even whisper this . . . pssst.  It's not tea.  Well, it's not really tea, anyway (It's tea powder).  But what it really is, is DELICIOUS!  It's tang!  It's spices!  It's Russian?  I suppose.  Try it out!  The recipe is HERE.


3.  New Belgium Frambozen Beer.  I really like Frambious (Fram-brah-zen) to begin with, but New Belgium has done a great job of mixing it into a nice brown ale.  It tastes like a rich, raspberry beer--but I didn't think it was too sweet or sour--just perfect.  Plus, it has a higher alcohol content at 6.5% which essentially gives you more bang for your buck.  I like that!  Also, I heard that they are not making it next year, so get ya some now if you want to try it!


4.  Banana Bread Oatmeal.  I have been really trying to stay away from pre-packaged oatmeal.  For one thing, it is cheaper to create my own (although a bit more time consuming) and if I make it myself it doesn't have so much sugar.  Aaaanyway, I have been too busy to make my own lately, so I thought I would try these.  I bought the variety pack.  They are all good, but my favorite is the Banana Bread,  It really tastes like banana bread!  Plus, it's not too sweet.


5.  Baked potatoes.  Comfort food!  I've been cooking them in the microwave (poke holes in it, put a little olive oil on it, and stick it in for 5 minutes) and then I load them up with delicious stuff like sour cream (only I use tofitti--which is actually really good), real bacon bits, and sharp cheddar cheese.  I even switch it up and heat up some good, chunky broccoli cheese soup and pour a little over it.  It's easy and quick and ooooh yum!

Until Next Week!
Nik

No comments: