Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

5 Things to Like This Week

Carbs carbs carbs.  Pumpkin.
Thomas Pumpkin Spice Bagels.  NOT pumpkin spice lattes . . . I don't see what's so wrong with those either, but I guess they are the new running joke now.  Anyway, these pumpkin spice bagels were an impulse buy at the grocery store because the minute I picked them up and got them an arms length away from my nose, they smelled like heaven.  They tasted that way too.  I don't own a toaster (why, when the broiler works better?) so I popped one in the oven until it was nice and crispy.  I paired it with a homemade cinnamon and honey cream cheese and a steaming cup of coffee.  Happy Fall y'all!

Man, those blue socks are sexy.
New running shoes.  I ordered a pair of Asics Gel-Contend 2 running shoes from Zappos.  I love them!  My legs were killing me running in my old shoes because they really didn't have any support.  I like the colors too.  Plus, they were right in my budget of $50 and that included shipping because the shipping is free at Zappos.  The shoes arrived quickly too.  I would highly recommend this site for shoes.  I did do some browsing at their clothing and other items, which were way outside my price range, even with free shipping.  But the next time I need running shoes, I will look there first.

I'm a baby!
It's Fall.  This is my favorite time of year!  I love crunching leaves, wearing scarves, deer outside my door, and smelling wood burning stoves.  I love Fall.  That is all I wanted to say!

That is ground chicken and wet food.  These cats lose their minds over this stuff.

Sheba cat food + ground turkey.  My kittens are spoiled.  I've been doing some reading and research on what to feed kitties for optimum heath.  First of all, I learned that cats are carnivores.  They need tons of protein.  I never even knew that when I had Sophia (sometimes I feel bad about that).  Anyway, the high end dry food is really expensive and I don't have the time or the financial resources to to a raw food diet.  So, I've improvised by feeding the girls wet pate cat food mixed with cooked ground turkey, cooked chicken breast chunks, or cooked ground turkey.  I buy the Sheba brand canned cat food when I can't make it to the pet specialty shop.  The trick is reading the label and making sure that chicken, turkey, rabbit, etc. is the first ingredient--not chicken broth or meat by-product.  Also, I rarely feed the girls fish.  Fish, even for human consumption, is filled with mercury, phosphorus and magnesium, so imagine what is in cat food.  It has also been linked to hyperthyroidism in older cats (that's what Sophia had).  It's actually pretty easy and inexpensive to use the ground/cubed meat because the meat doesn't have to be lean, just free of bones.  Bella and Stella freakin love this!  And I figure I'm supplementing their regular food with more protein.  Plus, it doesn't take that long to brown up some ground chicken and turkey or bake a couple chicken breasts.  Yes.  Yes.  I know.  I'm a cat lady.

Put it on your kid or your neck, not on a tree.
"I Scarf 2"  This is seriously the most adorable online shop I've seen in a long time!  When you read the "About Us" you discover that the online store is run by two girls aged 9 and 12!  When I was that age all I had was a lemonade stand!

xoxo,
Nik

No comments: