Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Thursday, October 23, 2014

5 Things To Like This Week

Photo from Jezebel Charms.  Order HERE.
1.  I now have an Etsy online platform for Serendipi-tea Chic.  Because of this I browse a lot of Etsy stores.  I came across Jezebel Charms recently.  At Jezebel Charms you can purchase "charming literary inspired charms and jewelry".  They also feature some cool ancient Egyptian jewelry with writings from the Rosetta Stone and the Book of the Dead.  The shop also features jewelry with the periodic table of elements, anatomy inspired images, and maps.  This jewelry is rad and right up my alley!  (It is created in England, so international shipping will apply if you order from the US.)

Learnin' is awesome.
2.  I love Ted Talks!  And I love listening to them while I am at work.  It helps me focus and I am learning something cool at the same time.  The most recent talk I listened to was about how to spot a liar.  I know that seems a little dark, but it was really interesting.  I listened to another one about achieving goals and another about how to speak so that people will listen.  Good stuff.

I'm lovin' it.  (You knew that was comin', right?)
3.  McDonald's coffee.  Want some jet fuel to start your day?  Try this stuff.  Now I know it's not some double frappe skinny frappe fancy pants coffee drink, but it gets the job done.  I just like mine black--high octane.  Plus, it's only, like, $1, they serve it all day, and they have a drive thu.  You don't even have to get out of your car.  

The blueberries taste like blueberries.
4.  Nature Valley Soft Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Squares.  Um.  Yum.  I am always craving something sweet in the morning.  I try to be healthy, but sometimes a banana just doesn't cut it.  I found these at the store and they are delicious.  They have a good amount of fiber and the fat is low, but the sugar is a little high.  I figure, since I drink my coffee black, I can balance that out.  Also, I just found a recipe to make these bars and I think that I am going to try it.  It has less sugar and is sweetened with honey.
You can find the recipe here: 

So comfy, but still professional.
5.  Yoga pants for work--kinda.  I've found the most comfortable work pants ever!  Actually, my little sister told me about them.  They are made out of stretch dress pant material (I'm assuming rayon and spandex instead of the cotton and spandex of real yoga pants) and they don't have a zipper or button.  You just pull them on.  I have to hem mine because I am so darn short, but other than that, they are my favorite pants.  My mom and I were shopping when I found them and I liked them so much she treated me and bought me two pairs!  What a nice gal, huh?  I've seen several online advertised for $80.  Trust me, mine were not $80 bucks.  Anyway, I found mine at JC Penney, but my sister found hers at Maurices.

xoxo,
Nik

No comments: