Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

5 Things to Like This Week

That's me on Lookout Mountain and that's Spearfish, where I live!
1.  Hiking.  Jeff and I hiked up the side of a place called "Lookout Mountain" in Spearfish this past week.  It's not really a huge mountain, but it is a climb and it is pretty high!  The view from on top was just awesome!  Plus, I am terrified of heights and Jeff was so good about encouraging me and making me feel safe!  We had a blast once we got to the top too!

Why hello there, sleepyhead!
2.  My first daffodil.  I planted bulbs this fall and my daffodils are sprouting flowers!  I love seeing their cheery, yellow buds in my front yard whenever I get home!

Way better than Dexter.  Just sayin'.
3.  "United States of Tara".  Wow.  I love Netflix.  I don't know how I ever watched television shows before this.  I mean, I remember looking forward to a single episode of the Sopranos every Sunday night when I was in college, but now I have every episode of a show at my fingertips.  Anyway, "United States of Tara" stars Toni Collette as Tara, who has multiple personality disorder.  She is a mother, a teenager, a stuffy, 50s housewife, a therapist, and a motorcycle riding, womanizing dirt bag.  My favorite character is her husband Max, played by John Corbett (he was Aidan on Sex in the City).  I love how forgiving and supportive he is of Tara.  Plus, he has this "I work outside with my hands, am a good father and husband, plus I take care of business" manly hotness about him that I like!

Soooooooo gooooooood!
4.  Potato Soup.  There is just something about making soup from scratch that I love.  I like cutting the ingredients and thinking of others to add.  I made a big pot of cheddar soup this week.  I added baked potatoes, real bacon bits (for some smoke flavor), a ton of broccoli, onion and garlic.  Then we had a bit of chives on top.  It was so hearty and made a great meal with some crusty French bread.

It looks bare now, but . . .
5.  Painting.  I'm working on two paintings for my sister's birthday this year.  It's already happened and she's already told me what she wanted painted, so I am not ruining a surprise.  This one is the first (and easier) of the two.  She is a 2nd grade teacher and every year she will have her students put their finger prints on the canvas as tree "leaves".  Can you imagine how many "leaves" there will be by the time she retires?!

Love,
Nik

No comments: