Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Thursday, October 29, 2015

5 Things To Like This Week

I had a freak-out when I saw this.
1.  The Magic Place:  Spearfish Falls.  I am so lucky to live so close to some major natural attractions.  This week I traveled up Spearfish Canyon to Spearfish Falls.  There was a huge waterfall and as I stood at the base, water sprayed into the air and gave everything white film.  The trees, logs, and shrubs where all white.  It looked like the palace of a snow queen!  I loved it and thus, dubbed it, "the magic place".  I could feel the buzz of fairies and there were caves in the rock and moss where goblins and trolls live.  I also had to cross a really tall bridge to get there, so I got to conquer a fear in the process.  I'm not a fan of heights.

The tea is "purple mountains majesty"!
2.  Birthday present from Sarah.  My best friend from Montana sent me the coolest care package complete with tea, a necklace with the state of Montana and a bird with my initial, and the most precious pair of hand knit slippers ever!  I cried a little when I opened it.  I've made some good friends in the places I've lived and I am so grateful for them!


3.  The Historical Place:  Deadwood, SD.  I spent the whole day in Deadwood.  It is one of the coolest places, where I can just feel the history.  I walked the old main street and stopped into the tourist shops.  I ate lunch at Mustang Sally's where they play a steady stream of classic rock.  There is a large Zoltar old school fortune telling machine that I just love.  I bought some good tumbled rocks and I even found a dream catcher made my a Navajo woman.  I was a tourist for a day.  It was perfect.

Not your average rock.
4.  The Rock Shop.  This little gem (see what I did there) is right on the road leading to Deadwood.  It is run by an older "weathered" gentleman who loves talking rocks, gemstones, fossils and wolves.  He also has several wolves and a fox alongside the rock shop.  I like talking to this guy when I go to his shop.  He is a wealth of knowledge.  This trip I picked up some great stuff for the shop.  I'm excited to get the stuff posted at Serendipi-teaSpirit!

chai chai chai chai chai chai yes
5.  Chai Tea.  This is always my go-to treat.  I love to sip on a foamy, spicy chai and take a long drive through the canyon near my house.  I also like a refreshing and smooth iced chai on a sunny day when I've taken off work early to do chores or run errands!  Chai is the best pick me up!

Love,
Nik

No comments: