Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

5 Things to Like This Week: Are We There Yet?

**Special Edition**


1.  Southern United States.  I've been all over the United States, but I've never been to the Southern states.  I've been interested in Southern history and culture since I was young and I think it would be great to travel there and visit a plantation, see underground railroad routes, go to the civil rights museum, and eat Southern food--especially New Orleans style cuisine.


2.  Egypt--Valley of the Kings.  (I could honestly take or leave the pyramids.)  This is a hard one though.  I've actually been looking at tour guided trips online and getting prices.  I like to humor myself sometimes. . .  Anyway, on all of the travel sites, you have to sign a waiver basically saying you accept the high risk of injury or death as a result of traveling to the area.  Ya, that sounds like an awesome vacation.  Anyway, someday I will get the courage, or the world will calm down enough for me to visit my beloved Egypt.  Until then, I suppose there's always Google Earth and pictures.  Dang.


3.  Amsterdam.  I love the vibe of this city.  I love the colors of the buildings, the tulips, the windmills, and the people who seem to live life with that same color.  I think it would be wonderful to also have the freedom to relax and enjoy a vacation in a European city . . . just sayin'.


4.  Jamaica.  This would be a purely pleasure trip.  I would relax on the beach or by the pool and drink a ton of rum.  I would be a very "American tourist" and I would probably get a tan and Bo Derek braids.


5.  Petra, Jordan.  I would love to see Petra and wander through the rock cut corridors.  I would also love to eat the food and see the bazaars of this beautiful middle Eastern city.  But again, it is not the safest place to visit right now . . .

xoxo,
Nik

{photo credits}

No comments: