Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

3 Ways to Help You Naturally Fall Asleep at Night

I sometimes have a problem falling asleep at night.  I've found that the key to falling asleep starts well before I even think about hitting the sheets.  I drink coffee only before noon and then after noon I limit my caffeine to black or green tea only.

1.  Valerian.  You can buy Valerian by the capsule, but I prefer mine in tea (of course!).  Celestial Seasonings makes a good blend and it does the job.  Any herbal medicinal tea you buy will probably taste like you are drinking weeds.  I get it.  Don't be afraid to mix your tea with a nice flavorful herbal to personalize your drink and to make it enjoyable.  I like to mix mine with peach, blueberry, or a hibiscus blend.

2.  Baths.  The hot water gives your muscles a chance to relax.  Use your favorite bubble bath, Epsom salts, or essential oils.  Pick a scent of bubble bath or essential oil that relaxes you such as lavender or rosemary.  The Epsom salt has magnesium that relaxes tired muscles.  Create a spa for yourself and make this part of your nightly ritual.

3.  Meditation.  There are tons of meditations out there!  Go to YouTube and find one especially for relaxation and sleep.  Amazon has a great variety of meditations you can buy for your device as well.  My favorite is Anna Thompson.

I also start winding down for bed about an hour before I am actually going to sleep.  These remedies won't konk you out the way an Rx would, you have to do a little work too.  I've also found that the stress about falling asleep is often what keeps me awake.  That's when I remind myself that it's not the quantity of sleep, but the quality.

Love,
Nikole



No comments: