Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

5 Things To Like This Week

Take it from me, kay.  If you drink this tea, you will get stuff done.
1.  Good Earth's Matcha Maker tea.  I am a huge fan of matcha.  Matcha is a a special blend of ground green tea.  It is traditionally prepared with hot water poured over the matcha powder and then a wooden whisk is used to froth up the tea.  Good Earth makes a yummy matcha too!  This tea blend has green tea, matcha, and a sweet citrus flavor.  Plus, it comes in a convenient tea bag.  I usually drink this tea anytime I want to increase my concentration.  It gives me a subtle, gentle boost of energy that is unlike coffee.  The only way I can describe it is, a lighter boost--where coffee is a bit heavier on my system.  I would highly recommend this tea!

When life gives you lemons . . . put them in your water!
2.  Lemon water.  I've been drinking a lot of lemon water lately.  All ya gotta do is half a lemon and then quarter it and throw it in your water at the beginning of the day.  Do make sure you give the lemon a good cleaning beforehand though.

I love this kinda stuff!
3.  Birthday Present.  Oh and I got the coolest birthday package from my good friend from high school, D.  She sent tea!!  She sent some yummy Chai from Trader Joe's and Morning Thunder from Celestial Seasonings.  There was also some yummy spicy, pumpkin body butter and mint lip balm (my fav!).  I loved the colorful (chakra colors!) pens and sketchbook.  The pens came in this cool elastic pen holder that fit perfectly over the sketchbook.  I especially loved the handwritten card and decorated envelope.  I love my friends so much!

Can't wait to clomp through snow drifts in these!
4.  My new snow boots.  Now I can go on all kinds of Winter walks!  This was my birthday gift from my Mom.  When I was a kid, I scoffed at getting snow boots as a present.  I wanted something cool!  Now that I am an adult, I can really appreciate a good pair of warm snow boots, especially since I walk to work everyday!

These are my babies, Bella and Stella.  They are sisters.

5.  Hobo's Healing Heart Non-Profit Organization.  As many of you know, my black cat Bella was shot at close range with a pellet gun this summer.  The pellet entered her right hip and, luckily, only grazed her intestines and was lodged in the muscle of the other leg.  Anyway, through the generous help of my family and friends and the non-profit organization Hobo's Healing Heart, the expense of this costly surgery was covered.  About two months ago, I noticed that there was some swelling near the entrance wound site.  It turns out there was a bad infection and Bella had to have another surgery last week to clear it out of her body.  Again, I needed monetary assistance and HHH was there to help me.  It is only with the help of organizations like HHH (that essentially saved Bella) that allow me to focus on good care for my pets, despite being a single working lady making a small living.  Please keep this organization in mind this holiday season when you are making donations for the year.  It's not just the pets that you are helping with your donation, but you are also helping people like me, who just want the best care for our animals when tragedy happens.

Click here to donate.


Love,
Nik

1 comment:

Luna said...

Bella and Stella are such sweeties! I love that you adopted sisters. It's wonderful to hear that Bella's doing well and how there are organizations that help people and their animal companions. Enjoy your birthday goodies! :)