Good Things To Come!

In February 2016, "Serendipi-tea" will become a new website incorporating the blog, the Etsy store, tarot readings, and other services! Stay tuned!

Friday, July 17, 2009

10 Year Reflection

So this is the weekend of my ten year high school reunion. I'm not going. Maybe if there were no such thing as Facebook or Myspace I would be more tempted. I'll just go to the twenty-year when everyone is a little more chill, their kids have grown, and they don't have as much to prove.

This is just me.

I'm not embarrassed about how things are going in my life. The truth is, not much has changed with me since High School. I've just grown as a person and am not living with my parents. I went to college and got a degree in English Literature. I have a job that makes me happy and allows me time to write every day. I'm really quite content with my life as it is right now.

I've traveled to a couple big cities and realized they just aren't for me. I've fallen in love with Montana and her harsh yet sheltered beauty. I may not be an archaeologist or novelist (both things I aspired to be back in 1999), but I'm ok with that.

Things didn't always go as I had planned. I hit a couple big snags along the way. I made a ton of mistakes. I fell in love once or twice only to fall right back out. I've met so many beautiful people who have influenced and shaped the person I am today. I've learned lessons. I've embarrassed myself. I've been sick and I've been well. I've read so many novels (oh how I've read!). I've celebrated life, both past and present. And I have regrets, but I've learned to live with them.

I've seen the sun rise over The Bridger Mountain Range. I've celebrated New Year's in Time's Square with someone I loved dearly. I've seen my grandparents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I am blessed with a sweet, sensitive little nephew and a beautiful, energetic niece. I am of sound mind and body for the first time in a long time. I look forward to, and am so thankful for, each and every day.

I guess I really don't need to go to a reunion to realize all this. But I like that it got me thinking about all the wonderful things that have happened in my life . . . over the last ten years.

Love,
Nik

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gratz and good to know.

Sarah said...

I think this may be my favorite of your posts (well next to the Iced tea pots.. hehe) and you are right, you dont have to go to your reunion to feel good about how far you've come... you already do, and I think that is just just lovely =)

Happy Saturday,
Sarah

Nik said...

ah sarah. you rock my world. thanks for being the bestest friend ever. :-)

Nik

Organic Meatbag said...

I am exactly like you...to me, Facebook is an online reunion, and that is perfectly enough for me... I already know what they're all doing, and in most cases, I don't care...hahaha!